Director: Dr. Amit Bhaskar
The Centre for Research in Intellectual Property Studies (CRIPS) at UWSL aims to promote research and intensive dialog in the areas of IP Legal Regime keeping contemporary trend in mind. The objective is to promote Industry-Academia interface by imparting, disseminating and promoting IP Legal education to user communities, trained government functionaries and all other stake holders involved in the creation and use of IP.
Constant research on the themes of the topics identified as below:-
· Legal Disruptions from Emerging Technologies such as Artificial Intelligence.
· Interface between AI and Antitrust Laws/Competition Law.
· Digital Data and Copyright Law.
· AI in healthcare and education.
· Big Data- Policy, Legal and Ethical Issues.
· Traditional Knowledge vis-à-vis IP systems in India.
· AI and Bad Robots: The Criminology of Automation; risks and benefits of AI to detect crime.
· Interface between data protection and intellectual property law