Recently the name Corona has become very popular and everybody is much worried about it globally. Earlier the word corona means, the Sun’s corona which is the outermost part of the Sun’s atmosphere. But after the outbreak of corona virus in Wuhan city in the month of December, this deadly virus is now known as covid-19 (corona Virus-2019). Covid-19 epidemic is more deadly and dangerous than an epidemic of SARS which affected 26 countries and resulted in more than 8000 cases in 2003. As per the data from worldometers website currently there are almost 75,216 cases worldwide, having patients affected with this virus in almost 29 countries. Almost 2012 deaths have been recorded till 20th Feb, 2020 and almost 14952 people have recovered from this deadly disease. The symptoms of this disease are cough, running nose, sore throat, high fever, etc. Till date there is no vaccine available for this in the market, many pharmaceutical companies worldwide have started working on it but it would almost take 15 to 18 months to launch this product in the market. Just now patients are being treated with the primary treatment of viral diseases.
Some Do’s & Don’t to keep the disease at bay.
· Observe for good personal hygiene
· Make a frequent habit to wash hands with soap or alcohol based hand rub
· Practice to cover your mouth and nose while sneezing and coughing
· In case of respiratory symptoms such as cough or running nose, make a practice to wear a mask · In case you feel symptoms pertaining to severe respiratory issues, don’t delay in seeking medical help
· Avoid being in close contact, public gathering and close proximity when you are experiencing cough and fever
· Don’t travel if not feeling good
· Avoid travelling to cities or countries of epidemic viral infection farms, live animal markets or where animals are slaughtered
· Avoid close contact with people who are unwell or showing symptoms of illness, such as cough, running nose etc.
· Make a distance with live animals who could be the carrier of the virus
· Avoid consumption of raw/undercooked meats for sometime
Disclaimer: The opinions / views expressed in this article are solely of the author in his / her individual capacity. They do not purport to reflect the opinions and/or views of the College and/or University or its members. This article should not be interpreted as a medical analysis / research report.