People can learn to manage stress and lead happier, healthier lives. Here are some tips to help you keep stress at bay.
• Keep a positive attitude
• Accept that there are events that you cannot control
• Be assertive instead of aggressive. Assert your feelings, opinions, or beliefs instead of becoming angry, defensive, or passive
• Learn and practice relaxation techniques; try meditation yoga, for stress management
• Exercise regularly. Your body can fight stress better when it is fit
• Eat healthy
• Learn to manage your time more effectively
• Set limits appropriately and learn to say no to requests that would create excessive stress in your life
• Make time for hobbies, interests, and relaxation
• Seek out social support. Don’t rely on alcohol, drugs, or compulsive behaviors to reduce stress
Nishtha Agrawal, Assistant Professor, Unitedworld School of Law (UWSL)
Disclaimer: The opinions / views expressed in this article are solely of the author in his / her individual capacity. They do not purport to reflect the opinions and/or views of the College and/or University or its members.