In the current stage, we have been seeing a pool of webinars that each is invited to and its now stressful which ones to choose and attend given the fact that regular college hours have begun, assessments and assignment deadlines are around the corner. The best way to choose a few a month is to filter the webinars through these checkpoints:
1. Is the webinar going to be helpful in further developing your knowledge of a subject or interest or even develop a skill?
2. If it’s paid, is it worth it? No matter how small the amount is but it is useful to pay for it if you aren’t going to make maximum use of the knowledge shared through the webinar.
3. Are they providing any certificates as well? Will the certification help you in your career?
4. Does it fit well in your time management quadrant and not stress you by end of the day or week?
5. Who is the speaker/host? Does that person inspire you or aspire you to achieve a goal in life?
At the end, if the webinar interests you, fill up your quench for learning or help develop a skill without stressing you, it is certainly something you should go ahead with.
Kunj Ganatra, Faculty, Unitedworld School of Business (UWSB)
Disclaimer: The opinions / views expressed in this article are solely of the author in his / her individual capacity. They do not purport to reflect the opinions and/or views of the College and/or University or its members.