At present, the School of dentistry offers doctoral programmes in these selected subjects. It anticipates significant growth in the number and scope of its doctoral programmes in the coming years.
• Oral Pathology & Microbiology
• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
• Oral Medicine & Radiology
• Prosthodontics & Crown Bridge
• Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
• Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
Research thrust areas in Periodontology
- Local drug delivery • Periodontal medicine • Herbs in plaque control • Periodontal Plastic surgery • Regenerative materials in Periodontal therapy
Research thrust areas in Pathology
- Prognostic indicators for oral potentially malignant disorders and oral squamous cell carcinoma • Salivary biomarkers in oral potentially malignant disorders and oral squamous cell carcinoma • Odontogenic tumors
Research Thrust Area in Prosthodontic
- Material Science • Implant Prosthodontics • Maxillofacial Prosthodontics • Fixed Prosthodontics
Research thrust areas in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Maxillofacial Trauma • Orthognathic Surgery • Temporomandibular joint and its afflictions
Research thrust areas in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Root canal irrigants • Bond strength of newer material • Nanoparticles in endodontics • Cell culture • Finite element analysis of restoration • Remineralization • Local drug delivery • Endodontic microbiology • Antioxidants
Research thrust areas in Oral Medicine & Radiology
- Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology studies the palatal rugae pattern in students of different ethnic origin.
Research thrust areas in Orthodontics
- Material Sciences • Archwire coatings for friction studies • Temporary anchorage devices • Accelerated orthodontics
1. Teaching Laboratories:
In Karnavati School of Dentistry, the teaching laboratories are as per the norms of Dental Council of India. These laboratories are equipped with all the modern amenities to provide a high class teaching experience to its students. The details of teaching laboratories are as given here.
Pre-clinical Prosthodontics and dental material lab–3000sq. ft.
Pre-clinical conservative lab–2500sq. ft.
Oral biology and oral pathology lab–2500sq. ft.
Laboratory for orthodontics and pedodontics – 1500 sq. ft.
Medical subjects: 7500sq. ft.
Anatomy dissection hall with storage for cadavers, osteology, demonstration room etc.
Area – 2500 sq. ft.
One laboratory for physiology and pathology and microbiology with stores and preparation rooms for individual subjects attached to it. Area–2500sq. ft. (for each subject)
Laboratory for biochemistry and pharmacology with store and preparation rooms separately for both subjects–2500 sq. ft. for each subject.
- Prosthodontics – • Plaster room • Polymers room • Wax room • Casting laboratory
Ceramic lab: 2500sq. ft.
- Conservative Dentistry- Plaster room
- Casting & ceramic laboratories: 600 sq. ft.
- Oral pathology for histopathology: 600sq. ft.
- Haematology and clinical biochemistry: a laboratory for routine blood and biochemical investigation and urine analysis: 300sq. ft.
USP for Ph. D. in Dentistry at Karnavati School of Dentistry:
- Availability of foreign co-guides for helping in the research work.
- In Karnavati School of Dentistry, we are charged the lowest fees in Ph. D. in comparison of other universities and colleges.
- There are many tie ups with top ranking universities in India and foreign universities for research work in the field of dentistry.