Home » Dr. Ayaz Ahmad
Home » Dr. Ayaz Ahmad
|Ph.D., Glocal University, Supervisor-Dr. Yogesh P. Singh, Registrar, National Law University, Odisha
LL.M. University of Delhi, Faculty of Law and B.A.-LL.B. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
UGC National Eligibility Test (NET) and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Qualified
|Subjects taught at Unitedworld School of Law|
|Constitutional Law, Environmental Law, Interpretation of Statutes|
|Specialises in the academic domain of judicial and legislative behaviour|
|Six+ years of teaching experience as Assistant Professor (Senior Grade) at Glocal University-UP
Two years of teaching experience as Assistant Professor, National Law University Odisha (NLUO)
|• Head – Glocal Law School, Glocal University from Academic Session 2016 to 2019
• Controller Examination (In Charge) Academic Session 2017 to 2018
• Member, Grievance Redressal Committee Academic Session 2015 to 2016
• Member, Library Committee Academic Session 2014 to 2015
• Deputy Controller (Examination) Academic Session 2014 to 2015
• Assistant Dean, Glocal Law School Academic Session 2013 to 2014
• Member, Committee Against Sexual Harassment Academic Session 2013 to 2014
|• Participated in Ten Days “Refresher Course on Capacity Building Program for Teachers of Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs)” organised by Central University of Rajasthan and funded by Ministry of HRD from 09 – 19 April, 2019.
• Participated as Co-Chair in a National Seminar on “Emerging Issues Relating to Environmental Laws: National Perspective”, organised by ICFAI Law School, ACFAI University, Dehradun on March 30-31, 2018.
• Paper titled “Privatization of Higher Education in India: Constitutional Vision, Emerging Issues and Trends” published in RGNUL Law Review, ISSN : 2231-4936, Vol. 7 : Number-II, July-December 2017.
• Article titled “Let’s go beyond mere religion” published by The Statesman on July 13, 2017.
• Article titled “Taking Religion Out Of The Uniform Civil Code” published by Huffingtonpost.in on July 12, 2017.
• Participated as Co-Chair in a National Seminar on “Reforms in Personal Laws in India: Problems and Prospects”, organised by ICFAI Law School, ACFAI University, Dehradun on April 8, 2017.
• Paper titled “Environment Protection Authority, National Green Tribunal and Environmental Governance in India” published in Rostrum’s Law Review, ISSN:2321– 3787, Volume III: Issue II, 2017.
• Article titled “Uniform Civil Code & Ashrafiya obsession with Triple Talaq” published by Roundtableindia.co.in on January 24, 2017.
• Presented a paper titled “Constitutional Vision & Privatization of Higher Education: Two Issues of Social Justice” in an International Conference on “Socio-Economic Justice after Seventy Years of India’s Independence: Domestic and Global Challenges” organised by Faculty of Law, University of Delhi on 18-20 November, 2016 .
• Article titled “Freezing Behind the Wretched Law of Sedition” published by Livelaw.in on August 17, 2016.
• Paper titled “Democratic Decentralization in the State of Uttar Pradesh: Experience, Emerging Concerns, Challenges and Prospects” published in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University Journal, ISSN : 0975-9549, Vol. 7, 2015.
• Participated in “Line by Line: Habits and Practices of Writing”, 2nd International Conference organised by the Department of English, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Shiv Nadar University-UP on 19 and 20 February, 2016.
• Participated in the Project E-QUAL “Workshop on Critical Thinking in Writing Pedagogy”, organised by School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Shiv Nadar University-UP on 18 February, 2016.
• Presented a paper titled “Democratic Decentralization in the State of Uttar Pradesh: Experience, Emerging Concerns, Challenges and Prospects” in the National Seminar on “Two Decades of 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act (Panchayat Raj): Experiences, Issues, Challenges and Opportunities with Special Reference to Uttar Pradesh” Organised by Centre for Human Rights, Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow on 5 th and 6 th February 2016.
• Article titled “Judgment on the Minority Character of AMU: A Classical Case of Fallacious Legal Reasoning” published by Livelaw.in on January 20, 2016.
• Article titled “Why So Tolerant?” published by Mainstream Weekly, VOL LIII No 51 ISSN N0. 0542-1462 New Delhi December 12, 2015.
• Article on “Annihilation of Caste & Gender Inequality through Electoral Politics!” published by Countercurrents.org on 23 November, 2015.
• Presented a paper titled “Privatization of Higher Education: The Constitutional and Pedagogical Paradoxes of The Political Economy of Higher Education in India”in two day National Seminar on Privatization of Education and Social Justice in India organised by Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Central University, Lucknow on November 16-17, 2015.
• Paper titled “The Human Right to a Sustainable Environment: Implications and Paradoxes in South Asian Region” published in Journal of the Campus Law Centre, ISSN : 2321-4716, Vol. III, 2015.
• Chaired a Session on “Judicial Independence” in the National Conference on “Judicial Dissent: A Conceptual and Contextual Audit of the Decision Making in the Supreme Court of India” organised by Glocal Law School, Saharanpur-UP in association with Rural Litigation & Entitlement Kendra (RLEK), Dehradun on April 04-05, 2015.
• Participated & Successfully completed all the requirements for the 2014 “International Summer School on Pluralism, Development and Social Change” organised by the Kosmopolis Platform of the University of Humanistic Studies (The Netherlands) in cooperation with Hivos, the Institute for Reconciliation and Social Justice, University of Free State (South Africa), Glocal University (India) and the Global Center for Pluralism (Canada) in Bloemfontein, South Africa, from 5th to 21st December, 2014.
• Organizing Secretary of two day Conference Titled “Education and Health: Special Focus on Uttar Pradesh” 25th and 26th October, 2013 Organised by Glocal Unversity, in Partnership with Education & Health Foundation, Delhi.
• Participated and Chaired a session in the ‘Residential National Workshop for Young Leaders’ held in New Delhi organised by Liberal Youth Forum (LYF) in collaboration with Friedrich Naumann Foundation (FNF), Germany from 21st to 23rd July 2012.
• Participated in an International Workshop titled “Liberalism Today – Freedom First” organised at the International Academy for Leadership (IAF) of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation in Gummersbach, Germany (FNF) from April 15 to April 27, 2012.
• Contributed as a Judge in the “Stetson International Environment Law Moot Court Competition” organised by Surana & Surana hosted by National Law University Orissa, Cuttack on 22-24 November, 2012.
• Paper presented in an International Conference on “Contribution of International Environmental Law for Sustainable Development: Global and National Perspectives” organised by Faculty of Law, University Of Delhi at New Delhi on 18th and 19th February, 2012.
• Presented a Paper on topic “Justice Delivery in Environmental Matters: Towards a better Future” in a National Seminar on “Judiciary, Ethics And Justice Delivery In India” jointly organised by NLUO, Odisha, Cuttack and Institute of Objective Studies, New Delhi on 21st and 22nd , January, 2012.
• Organised a One Day National Workshop on “Role of Youth in Rule of Law: Issues of Democracy, Accountability, Transparency and Environment” on 28th November, 2011 in collaboration with Liberal Youth Forum (LYF) and in partnership with FNF, Germany, supported by Youth Development Foundation (YDF) and Orissa RTI Coalition.
• Paper presented in the Indo-Australia Workshop titled “Role of Specialist Environmental Law Courts for the Resolution of Environmental Disputes” held at New Delhi on topic “National Green Tribunal in India; Prospects and Challenges” organised jointly by University of Delhi and India Australia Watch on 1st February, 2011.