Home » Dr. P. Lakshmi
|B.Sc, LL.B, LL.M, PhD|
|Family Law and Conflict of Laws|
|26 years of Academic, Administrative and Industry Experience|
|1) Legitimacy of Bastardisation Law published in The Practical Lawyer (Eastern Book Company Publication), November 2011, Issue No.142, P.No.8
2) Inter Religious Marriages and Conflict of Laws published in Modern Educational Research in India (MERI),Vol.17, Issue 2, June 2012.
3) Surrogacy The Nine Month Rental Agreement published in Indian Journal of Legal Philosophy, Volume 2, Issue 2, ISSN:2347-4963, June 2014.
4) Personal Laws and the Rights of Women published in Christ University Law Journal Vol.1,Jul-Dec 2012, Pg.No.91
5) History of Conflict of Personal Laws in India and its Resolution – An analysis published in the Journal of the Department of Legal Studies, Published by the Directorate of Legal Studies, Chennai, Vol.35, 36 & 37 – 2013, 2014, 2015, ISSN 2395 – 5481
6) Uniform Personal Law – If Not Now, when? published in ITM Law Review, ISSN 2321-9904-2014, Pg.No.102
7) Right to environment and Right to health: Manifestations of human rights published in “The 19 (1) a”, Freedom of Speech and Expression, Indexed Peer Reviewed Half Yearly Law Journal published by Modern Law college Pune, Vol. 3 Issue 1, ISSN 2348 – 4950, June 2017
8) Religious Freedom vis a vis Uniform Civil Code published in Bharati Law Review, published by New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, (ISSN no. 2278-6996, RNI No. MAHENG/2012/43568) Vol. VI Issue 1 (Jul-Sep, 2017).
9) Structural Reforms for overcoming delays in Justice Delivery published by Law Commission of India & NITI AAYOG. November 2017
10) Re Conceptualizing Equality Under Personal Laws in India – Need of the Hour published in NIU International Journal of Human Rights ISSN: 2394 – 0298 Volume 4, 2017
11) Law cannot stitch hearts – Time to change the divorce laws in India published in Legal Desire International Journal on Law, ISSN No:2347 -3525, Issue:XV, January 2018
|Conference, Seminars and workshops (Papers presented)|
|1) Participated in a National seminar on “Consumerism-Legal perspectives” organized by University of Madras on 10th and 11th August 1994 and presented a paper on the topic ‘Rights of the Consumers’.
2) Presented a paper “Modernization of Public Sector” at the International conference organized by European Public Law Centre, at Athens, Greece.
3) Presented a paper titled “Inter Personal Conflict of Laws” in the Golden Jubilee 37th Annual Conference of the ISIL, held on 29-30 March 2008 at New Delhi.
4) Presented a paper titled “Need to change all laws which are discriminatory against women” in Workshop on amendments to criminal laws relating to safety and security of women at ITM University, held on
5) Presented a paper titled “Contractualizing NRI Marriages” in the seminar conducted by RGNLU, Patiala, 1st October 2012
6) Presented a paper titled “surrogacy: the nine-month rental agreement” in the National Seminar on Science, Technology and Law Reform, Nov 3-4,2012, organized by Faculty of Law, BHU
7) Presented a paper titled, “Economic Considerations for utility models protection in India” in National Workshop on IPR: Protection of Utility Model in India on June 1, 2013 at ITM University, Gurgaon.
8) Presented a paper titled “Re conceptualizing equality under personal laws in India – Need of the hour” in the UGC National Seminar on “Human Rights Jurisprudence and Gender Equality: Problems and prospects” March 30-31, 2014, conducted by Faculty of law J.N.V. University, Jodhpur
9) Presented a paper titled “Right to environment and Right to health: Manifestations of human rights” in the National conference on pollution mitigation for a sustainable future March 26th 2014 conducted by Department of Environmental science, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
10) Presented a paper titled “Religious conversions and conflict of Matrimonial laws” in the 43rd Annual conference of the Indian Society of International Law April 11,12 – 2014 conducted by The Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi.
11) Presented a paper titled “Effects of Globalization on the human rights of women” in the International conference on contemporary issues and challenges of human in the era of globalization, August 2-3, 2014, conducted by Gujarat Law society.
12) Presented a paper titled “Medical professional ethics – A need to revamp” in the National Seminar on ‘Medical Negligence: Issues and Responses’ on 29th November 2014, at SGT University
13) Presented a paper titled “Religious Freedom Vis-à-vis Uniform Civil Code in the National Seminar on Personal Laws and Gender Justice, on 3rd and 4th February 2017 at Government Law College Trivandrum.
14) Presented a paper titled “Hindu Women’s Right to Property – A myth or reality” “in the National Seminar on Concept of property and law; New developments, on 18th March, 2017 organized by department of legal studies, Madras University
15) Presented a paper titled “violation of human rights of women under the personal laws” in the 3rd National conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice held on 23rd June 2018 at Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
16) Presented a paper titled “Rights of Children born out of Live-in Relationship” in the International Conference on Legality of Live in Relationship in India: A Closer outlook organized by Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) on 23rd January 2021.
|Participation in FDP’s and Training Programs on Teaching Skills|
|1) Participated in the Training Program on Law Teaching and Legal Research skills conducted by Hidayatullah National Law University in association with Cardiff University U.K and British Council, New Delhi.
2) Participated in the in house Training Program on Teaching skills conducted by experts from Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India at Hidayatullah National Law University.
3) Attended FDP on “Education: Skills or the self and the true function of a teacher” on June 27, 2012 at ITM University
4) Attended FDP by Thomson Reuters on Legal Advancement Program on December 13, 2012
5) Attended FDP organized by Rainmaker (Mylaw.net) on December 12, 2013
6) Attended FDP on “Effective teaching methods in law” conducted by Prof (Dr) Amirthalingam Kumaralingam, Professor of Law, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore at ITM University on 9th December 2013
7) Attended FDP on Outcome Based Teaching-Learning Process conducted by Prof Ashok Saxena, the Vice Chancellor of Galgotias University at ITM University on 7th December 2013.
8) Participated in the Faculty Development Program on Legal Research Methodology organized by SGT University in association with GGS IP University, Dwarka, Delhi and ILI, Delhi at IP University, Dwarka, Delhi on 19th and 20th June 2015.
|Successfully supervised one PhD Scholar who has been awarded the Doctoral Degree in Law and examined PhD thesis sent by other universities.|