|• Ph.D. Law Indira Gandhi National Open University on fellowship as Research and Teaching Assistantship 2014
Thesis Title: Transplantation of Human Organs: Jural Norms and Judicial Enforcement
• Junior Research Fellowship in Law alongwith NET awarded by University Grants Commission, India
• LL.M. Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
• LL.B Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
• M.Sc. (Ecology and Environment) Sikkim Manipal University,Sikkim
• B.Sc. (Honours) Chemistry Aligarh Muslim University,Aligarh
|Subjects taught at Unitedworld School of Law|
|• Forensic Science
• Legal Method
|• Health Law & Bioethics, Environmental Law, Criminal Law, Research Methodology, Women Studies|
|14 Years||Publications and Papers presented|
|• Forging the way for enhanced autonomy of patients through advance medical directives in India. M.S. Ramaiah Journal of Law, Vol. 5, Issue 1, Pp. 1-19. ISSN 0975-9905 (2020)
• Editor and contributor of two articles for newsletter of Centre for Science and Environment (November 2019) – a) Shunning Cancer: The way to go b) Tobacco chewing in NorthEast
• The ‘Other’ Mother. Women’s Link, Vol. 21, No.2, (April-June) 2015 Pp. 3-9. ISSN2229-6409
• Towards preservation of traditional knowledge through Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL) in India. New Voices- Multilingual International Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, Vol. II, Issue V, Jan. 2014, pp. 124-129. ISSN2231-3249.
• Problem of elder abuse and its implications upon women. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Approach and Studies (e-journal), Vol. 1, No. 2, April 2014, pp. 117-127. ISSN2348-53
• Achieving sustainable development through resource efficiency. (International Conference Proceedings), International Journal of Business Management and Social Sciences, Vol.III, Issue (1), May 2014, pp. 10-12. ISSN 2249-7463.
• Postgraduate Legal education in India- A Review. Shri Ji Socio- Legal Journal, Vol. 3, 2012, pp. 113-120. ISSN 2231-1556.
• Revisiting the organ transplantation law in India. Himachal Pradesh Journal of Social Sciences, Vol. 2, No. 1, June 2012, pp. 230-246. ISSN 2249-3441
|Conference, Seminars and workshops|
|• Understanding the landscape of child rights in modern day schooling with special reference to corporal punishment. Paper presented in two day National Seminar on Mental Health of school Children on February 8-9, 2018 at North East Regional Institute of Education, Umiam,Shillong.
• Assessing the law on civil liability for nuclear damage in India’. Paper presented in two day National Seminar on Sustainable Energy Future in India Law, Policy and Management on September 18-19, 2017 held at NLSIU Bangalore.
• Trajectory of a woman scientist through the lens of gender. Paper presented in the 5th Women’s Science Congress- 2016 held at University of Mysuru, Mysuru.
• Embracing institutional accountability in higher education. Paper presented in International Conference on Quality of Higher Education in Indian and Global Context organized by Department of Education, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
• Exploring the legal and human rights dimensions of HIV in India. Paper presented in International Conference on Youth, Gender and HIV by Amity University,Lucknow.
• A critique of the existing socio-legal framework for the elderly in India. Paper presented in the International Symposium on Aging and 16th Biennial Conference of Association ofGerontology.
• Role of green economy in pursuit of sustainable development. Paper presented National Seminar on ‘Development and Ecology: Issues and Perspectives’ in NEHU,Shillong
• Re-examining the status of legal education with special reference to post graduate program in law. Paper presented All India Law Teachers Congress on Law Teaching and Research, KIIT Bhubaneswar
|ATTENDANCE IN ACADEMIC EVENTS|
|• Guest speaker in Workshop on Gender Policy for Open Schooling in India (Integrating Principles of Gender Equity, Equality, Justice and Empowerment) on June 13-14,2015.
• Delivered lecture on ‘Principles of Natural Justice in the context of quasi-judicial functions’ for Induction Training Programme on November 10, 2015 at V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida.
• National Workshop (2012) on e-governance by Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
• National Seminar (2011) on Maintenance of Teaching Standards, in Higher Education: Issues, problems and Reforms
• National seminar (2007) Delay in Administration of Criminal JusticeSystem.
|• Course on Positive Psychiatry and Mental Health from University of Sydney (online) Coursera (June 2020)
• E-Shodh Sindhu Clarivate Web of Science Certification Series to leverage optimum usage of Web of Science platform for research. (June 2020)
• Annual Refresher Program in Teaching (ARPIT) Law (online) Evolutions in Legal Pedagogy by NALSAR Hyderabad (February 2020).
• Faculty Development Program (2019) on Introduction to Teaching, Evaluation and Research Skills organized by Symbiosis Law School Hyderabad.
• Training program on Landslide mitigation &Detailed Project Report Preparation
organized by Department of Environmental Studies North Eastern Hill University.
• Five day National Workshop (2019) on Energy management and Audit under AICTE Learning and Training Academy (ATAL) organized at Department of Energy Engineering North Eastern HillUniversity.
• Regional Training Program for administrators of Plagiarism Detection Software
(2019) organized by North Eastern Hill University and INFLIBNET Centre.
• UGC sponsored Short term course (2016) in Research Methodology (with special reference to SPSS) organized by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong
• UGC sponsored Refresher Course (2014) in Gender Studies for teachers organized by Academic Staff College, University of Calicut,Kerala.
• UGC sponsored Orientation Course (2011) for teachers organized by Academic Staff College, NEHU, Shillong.
• Short term course (2010) in Intellectual Property Rights organized by Academic Staff College, NEHU, Shillong.
• Certificate Course (2009) in Socio-legal Research Methods held at National Law Institute University (NLIU)Bhopal
• Short term course (2009) in Research Methodologies in Social Sciences with special emphasis on Trade and Development organized by CENTAD, NewDelhi
• Orientation Programme (2008) in Open & Distance Learning: Dynamics of Course Design, Development and Delivery in IGNOU Delhi.
|• Life member of Indian Association for Women’s Studies, NewDelhi.
• Life member of Indian Science Congress Association,Kolkata
|• Invitee for the Convocation Committee meetings 2016
• Appointed treasurer for Faculty Club NEHU during2011
• Acted as member of Board of Directors in NEHU Cooperative store 2011.
• Member of Admission Committee (2011 and 2015) of Department of Law NEHU
• Member of Anti-ragging Committee at University level.
• Member of School Board in Social Sciences 2016-19
• Member of Board of Studies in History 2016-19