1) Nature is superpower. We destroy nature for our benefits like destroy trees or mountains. But today, nature has stopped all developments. And what we see are empty roads.
2) In life, the most important thing is one’s health (not money, power or position). For nature, all are same whether it is rich or poor. Money has no role to play.
3) We humans are nothing in front of nature. Even the so-called superpower countries have been knocked down by an invisible enemy.
4) I take no qualms in saying that I am enjoying this lockdown,
Real happiness is not in money and position but it is in living a healthy life with your family. I don’t know about pollution index, but yes I can feel that the air has become pure, I can hear the tweet of little birds and enjoy the sunrise and the sunset.
5) One thing I have realized during the lockdown is that we need very less money for routine life and survive without junk and outside food.
6) What gives us real happiness?
Was it busy western life before lockdown or is it family life? I feel your professional and family life should be balanced.
7) People of different religions are coming closer. Everyone is helping out each other in this tough time without religious discrimination.
8) Which are in real sense developed countries?
So called materialistic western countries or spiritual eastern countries.
According to new definitions, India is among the developing countries. But I think it is a country which had developed ages ago. And if not materialistically, it was developed spiritually.
Way back, Indian sages came to know that real happiness is not in outer world but real happiness is in one’s inner world.
9) Sad to see that we have forgotten our Indian culture and tradition and are blindly following the western culture, which is in itself is underdeveloped.
10) Indian medicine was Ayurveda and yoga. It taught us how to remain healthy so diseases do not occur. It used human’s inner healing power for cure. In contrast to that, western allopathic medicine treats one using by chemical (drugs) which treat symptoms and also created side-effects. In the current situation, no allopathic drugs are turning out to be useful. Many big companies are trying to search for medicines, but in vain. Even so called develop countries are using our yoga to make their inner self strong.
Thus, Covid-19 has given us an opportunity to think,
· Really think, live with the nature and not against the nature
· Think. Currently, are humans (the so-called most developed species) happy or animals happy?
· Are we leaving really a healthy life?
· Do we really need to follow western countries blindly?
· Is only money required to be happy in life?
Think and you will get answer from your inner self.
Stay home and stay safe.
Dr. Alap Shah, Orthodontist, Karnavati School of Dentistry (KSD)
Disclaimer: The opinions / views expressed in this article are solely of the author in his / her individual capacity. They do not purport to reflect the opinions and/or views of the College and/or University or its members.