As a journalist, you will play an important role in shaping conversations and informing the public about pressing issues. With training in powerful storytelling and cutting-edge production techniques, you will be well-prepared to enter the competitive world of journalism. At USLM, you will gain valuable skills in field recording, sound editing, vision and picture, data analysis, publishing, entrepreneurialism, and multi-platform distribution. You will also have access to state-of-the-art production facilities and the support of on-site Media and Production team members. After graduation, you will be prepared to enter the job market with confidence. USLM graduates in Journalism have high success rates in securing jobs across the media landscape.
● Learn to produce and edit high-quality content using state-of-the-art facilities
● Training in creative storytelling and technical skills
● Graduate with the ability to report online, on-air, in writing, and across social platforms
● Explore new digital frontiers in journalism
● Draw on interviews, complex data analysis, observation, and research to produce rich media content
● Undertake internships with major national and international media outlets